Simcoe County House Calls
Providing in-home medical visits to Barrie and Bradford
For emergencies call 911
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use Simcoe County House Calls?
- Anyone who needs an in-home medical visit can use the service. Young mothers with children, elderly people with mobility issues or anyone unable to access their family doctor quickly are people who typically use our service. If you, or anyone in your household is sick and would like to see a doctor, then we can help you.
How much do I have to pay?
- Simcoe County House Calls is a FREE service. All you need is a valid OHIP card.
What if I already have a family doctor?
- Simcoe County House Calls will not replace your family doctor but can act as a consultant when your own doctor is unavailable, much like when you visit a walk-in clinic or the emergency department. If you do not have a family doctor, then we will be able to provide you with resources to help you find a primary care provider.
What if I need to go to the emergency department?
- If your condition is found to be severe and you need more advanced medical treatment, the visiting doctor will call an ambulance and help coordinate your transfer to the local emergency department.
Which communities do you provide service to?
- We are currently providing service to Barrie and Bradford.
How do I arrange for a visit?
- Call 705-433-1362. Phone lines open at 9 AM on weekdays and 10 AM on weekends. Call early as we have a limited number of appointments available.
What happens during the visit?
- A fully certified, caring physician will assess your medical condition. He or she will provide you with a diagnosis, a prescription if needed (called in to the pharmacy of your choice), and a copy of the medical report upon request.
© Content copyright 2015. SIMCOECOUNTYHC.COM. All rights reserved.